Access, Sync and Share your data, under your control!]
ownCloud provides access to your data through a web interface or WebDAV while providing a platform to easily view, sync and share across devices—all under your control. ownCloud’s open architecture is extensible via a simple but powerful API for applications and plugins and works with any storage.
- See what is going on in your ownCloud. See who shared a file with you or when you created, changed or deleted files. Access the feed via RSS, an API for Desktop or Mobile clients or receive email notifications.
- Share photo galleries with friends and family: Give them access to upload pictures, view and download them. Send a link to anybody you choose, and control whether they can share those photos with anyone else.
- Versioning and Undelete: ownCloud stores your data and lets you bring back data that was deleted accidentally. Find previous versions of files you modified and bring them back.
- Collaborative Editing: ownCloud Documents is collaborative editing of rich-text documents that lets up to 5 individuals collaborate to edit .odt or .doc files securely within the browser. Documents may then be shared inside ownCloud or via a public link. See it in action on YouTube
- External Storage and Encryption: Add external storage to your ownCloud with Dropbox, SWIFT, FTPs, Google Docs, S3, external WebDAV servers and more. Enable the encryption app to encrypt data on external storage for improved security and privacy.
- Mobile and Desktop syncing: Access your data on any platform. Use the Android or iOS clients to work with your files on the go or synchronize your favorite folders seamlessly between your desktop and laptop devices.
- Calendars: Share your calendar with other ownCloud users or groups on your ownCloud server, easy and quick.
- Contacts: Store your contacts in ownCloud and share them among your devices so you always have access to your friends, family and colleagues.
- Application Store: Want to add one of the existing applications to ownCloud? Simply enable a new application in settings, and it will be automatically downloaded and installed in your ownCloud instance.
- Smooth performance and easy user interface.
- File editing and preview support for PDF, images, text files, Open Document, Word files and more.
- Integration of anti-virus scanning functionality with the anti-virus app.
- LDAP / Active directory integration
- Example files for new users. Preload a new user’s Files area with, for example, a tutorial file, which appears when they first log in.
- Powerful integrated logging
- Fine-grained control over access to data and sharing capabilities by user and by group.
- Advanced quota management with configurable accounting of external storage.
- Sharing REST API. Control sharing from mobile apps and desktop clients
- Easy development of 3rd party apps with the share REST API. Quick access to core functions for app development with the powerful ownCloud App API and webhooks following the publication / subscription model.
Install Mobile Apps
Mobile apps are available in both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, allowing you to access, sync and upload your data on the go.